I am jumping on another meme bandwagon. I like the idea of having some structured writing exercises to pad my blog entries. 🙂
I know what you are thinking. It’s Monday. Why is she posting a Saturday 9? Simple! Crazy Sam said that there are no rules for her blog meme! My first posting is now on a Monday and I will swing into the normal posting this Saturday.
Saturday 9: Medicate
1. Do you take a lot of medication?
Yes. More than some less than others.
2. Name one of your flaws and tell us about it.
I have been prone to feeling lazy lately. It is annoying me to no end but I think it is my brain’s way of getting my body to rest. I tell myself that but inside I think it is really just an excuse to continue being lazy. It is a battle of good and evil on an epic scale.
3. Have you ever won first place? If yes, tell us about your victory!
I have won things but not any in the sporting arena since I finished first on the hurdles in a 6th grade track meet and then promptly sprained my ankle in the next heat.
4. Who is the last person to make you smile? What was happening?
Jill – she was wearing her super sexy wedding shoes with her cupcake printed pajamas while cooking dinner. The whole 50’s housewife vibe tickled me to no end.
5. Describe a time when you should have tried harder.
Ah, see number 2! I am feeling like everything I do lately is not enough. I feel like I should be pushing harder and harder and am failing miserably at every turn.
6. What are you best at?
Organizing minutia…My career life is a fine-tuned machine of efficiency, organization and structure. My personal life? Not so much. I can remember every detail of a meeting six months ago but I can’t remember to buy milk at the store! I guess something has to suffer!
7. If someone was going to make a movie or TV show about your life, who would play you and why?
hmmm, which actress wants to pack on the pounds?! There could be an Oscar in it for them! Maybe we could get a drag queen to play the 5’11” size 20 redhead with size 11 feet! RuPaul’s Drag Race just found a new challenge!
8. Name 3 things that you think are strange.
-People who are incessantly complaining, degrading and dissecting other people. I think it’s strange they have no self-awareness to have crass it makes them appear to others. “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. – Eleanor Roosevelt
– Plus sized blouses frequently have suplice necklines that criss cross in the front over the bust. They flap wide open and cause peek-a-boo moments frequently. It makes no sense to me. I have to safety pin all my blouses shut! Who approved this design?! Someone with a breast fetish that’s who!
– My cat will rub her face on a pair of scissors, a piece of glass from a frame, the sharp edge of the coffee table but if I bring a comb near her she acts like I am attempting to murder her.
9. What is one lesson you have learned in the past 12 months?
The heart heals and becomes hungry for the swell of love once more.